Sunday 11 April 2010

Creative Review redesign

Well... Over the last 6 months or so, I have become less and less impressed with Creative Review. I wasn't inspired to read the articles or even to flick throught it when it landed in my postbox, clearly I cancelled my subscription. I used to really like the layout and the clean feel to the pages. However, now it is begining to look cluttered and just rammed with everything even slightly related to graphic Design. I still get the subscription emails, and have recently seen they have had a redesign... Great, I thought!...

Who
Or not... It looks worse than before in my mind and more dated than ever! The logo seems to make me blink as if I a m not focussing properly, I am not sure whether it is the colour or typeface, but it doesn't work for me. It has gone the opposite way to which I hoped. I'm sure they know what they are doing and there must be a reason for this design. I really hate writing about stuff that I don't like, what right do I have at the end of the day to slate someones work... but when I paid good money to receive that, surely I become the audience, and this should in theory be aimed at me... Not anymore.

- Email from Creative Review.
The Redesign Issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment