Friday 20 November 2009

Millennium

Images which effectively communicate a message to an audience This poster is made up of every date in the past 2000 years. The designer, Siobhan Keaney says "I worked on this poster over a number of days... I set about filling the space with the dates... and the structure emerged naturally". I really like the idea behind this piece, and once we know the background we can appreciate it for a piece of Graphic Design and an effective way of communicating the message of the Millennium. However, without this background information, it is just a load of numbers randomly placed. It's a shame as I really like it and want it on my wall to look at and think what has passed and what else is left to come.

- Millennium Poster, Siobhan Keaney (UK)

No comments:

Post a Comment