Wednesday 2 November 2011

Printing with pen

Trying to think of ways to print my typographic lyric posters to make them more appealling. Initially I was going to print them on Fireproof paper which would add some depth. I am sure that also of items sold alongside my poster will be more craft-based such as screen-printed. I like the result, but not the process! I then thought about different finishes such as foiling, embossing, cutting or spot varnish. Then I awoke this morning remembering that I can replace the cutter in the vinyl cutter with a pen! This creates some amazing results and really brings the gap between handrawn and digital closer. Hand-drawn by a machine.

This would be an ideal process for my posters as the lyrics are 'You've done too much, much too young' and if this was written in blue biro or penciul it could be reminiscent of school days.

No comments:

Post a Comment